Commitment to Community
Since its inception in 1925, The West Chester Garden Club (WCGC) and its members have contributed to a variety of community projects. They span maintaining the Chester County Hospital Courtyard, the Pat King Memorial Pollinator Garden, the Brandywine Red Clay Alliance Native Plant Project, the West Chester Library, the Oaklands Cemetery, and more. Explore the 'What We Do' section to learn more.
The West Chester Garden Club was started by a small group of women in July, 1925. Their objective was to encourage horticultural knowledge, conserve our resources and improve the quality of our environment by active participation in civic projects and to enjoy each others gardens. In 1934 we were asked to join the Garden Club of America (GCA). Read our history.
8th Annual Paula Coyne Plant Sale
By The West Chester Garden Club
May 3-4, 2019,
Landhope Farms Store Parking Lot,
Corner of 926 and 82,
Kennett Square, PA 19348
Rain or Shine!
Great selection of native plants, herbs,
vegetables, annuals. Find your treasure from members’ gardens. Also for sale in the garden boutique–gifts for the gardener, including hand made leaf castings! Drawing for a free gift for your favorite gardener. Proceeds from the plant sale benefit the garden club’s civic projects, including Chester County Hospital Courtyard, East Goshen Park Pollinator Garden, Brandywine Red Clay Alliance, Oakland Cemetary and the 1704 House.
Local Gardens and Events
Garden Club of America
Founded in 1913, the purpose of The Garden Club of America is to stimulate the knowledge and love of gardening, to share the advantages of association by means of educational meetings, conferences, correspondence and publications, and to restore, improve and protect the quality of the environment through educational programs and action in the fields of conservation and civic improvement.
Philadelphia Committee of the Garden Club of America
The Philadelphia Committee of the Garden Club of America also known as "PCGCA" was established in 1964 with the purpose to support projects that could not be carried out by any single club.